December 2013 - Spectrum CNC Technologies announced the release of its newest WiBox, wireless (or wired) machine data collection and bi-directional CNC machine communication device. The new WiBox 1.5 supports all the features of its predecessor with one very distinct improvement; it is capable of capturing machine signal intervals as small as 1 millisecond. This represents a 100 fold speed improvement and positions the new WiBox as the fastest signal capture device available today for machine monitoring.
“WiBox 1.5 is an important breakthrough for high volume, rapid cycle manufacturing, said Toni Novak, President of Spectrum CNC Technologies. “In order to provide accurate machine monitoring you must be able to capture every signal, no matter the interval. In high volume, rapid cycle manufacturing, problems and inefficiencies that may only cause a fraction of a second delay can add up quickly.
WiBox features true integration of Multi-DNC software coupled with state-of-the-art communication hardware. Multi-MDC/Monitoring is a browser based real-time machine monitoring system that automatically collects machine output data to an MS-SQL database. Real time dashboards and production reports display shop floor manufacturing data including OEE, cycle, alarm, spindle, tool usage, idle, setup, teardown, machine downtime and more.
With its wireless and wired capability, WiBox provides shop owners the flexibility to easily network 250+ machines, add or remove machines, or reconfigure their shop floor without the need to run cable. Other features include:
- High data rates over long distance IEEE 802.11 b/g support
- Data Security WEP/WPA/WPA2/TKIP encryption
- Bi-directional wireless CNC machine communication and machine monitoring, eliminating costly cabling
- Ability to assign each CNC machine its own IP address
- Industry standard IEEE 802.11 b/g wireless interface
- Data Encryption 128-256 bit
- Supports Wireless or Wired Ethernet
- Powered off the CNC control – no need for 110v at every machine
- Two standard DB-9 RS-232 ports – surge protected
- Flow Control – software XON/XOFF and hardware RTS/CTS
- Supports special protocols such as Mazatrol CMT and Fagor DNC