IMS Systems Inc.
IMS is a leading manufacturer of optical, x-ray and isotope measuring systems. IMS gauges measure diameter, profile, flatness, width, length, thickness, coating weight and other characteristics of hot and cold, ferrous and non-ferrous strip, plate, coil and tube. IMS systems are found in mills and service centers throughout North America, often with multiple units on single production lines. IMS supports its systems and equipment with a comprehensive array of parts, service and training. The company is headquartered near Düsseldorf, Germany. Its North American headquarters are in Mars, Pa., near Pittsburgh, and its Southeastern Service Center is located near Mobile, Ala.
Featured product: Camera Cluster Systems (CCS) Flatness Gauge
The patented IMS Camera Cluster Systems (CCS) Flatness Gauge is easy-to-use and offers a degree of accuracy not found in other measuring systems. This optical system uses innovative camera cluster technology to detect buckles and waves of all sizes, especially on or near the material’s edge.
Key features and benefits include:
• Highly Accurate Real-Time Measurement
• Precise Reads of All Surfaces (from matte to glossy) Independent of Strip Vibration
• Ideal for High-Speed Processing Lines (Cut-to-Length, Coating)
• Provides High-Resolution Images of Strip Cross-Direction
• Reduces Process Disruptions, Equipment Damage & Scrap
• Compact & Lightweight
• Easy to Install
• Compatible with IMS MEVInet-Q Data Management Systems